12 November 2011

Stuff That Used to Big Kind of a Big Deal

So I hit 1,000 miles last week.  I thought about blogging it.  Clearly, I didn't.  I mean, what is there to say?  I could have written that I finally hit my goal of running 1,000 miles in a calendar year.  But even I am no longer impressed by my hitting my goals.  This either speaks to the low bar I set for myself OR to the fact that I know it isn't a matter of if but when I meet my goals.

Or both.

I also have a 20 miler tomorrow.  Whoop.  De.  Doo.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not exactly looking forward to it.  I mean, I sort of am looking forward to my playlist of podcasts and Huckleberry Finn chapters.  I sort of am looking forward to the taper that will immediately follow the 20 miler.  But yeah.  I've done these before.  They hurt.

Clearly, I'm a bit burned out on the running bit.  Looking forward to a more relaxing 2012.

1 comment:

  1. You MUST know that this is normal normal normal!!! It's pre-taper madness :)

    Kill CIM!!!

    ReplyDelete