26 December 2011

Things I Covet

I should covet anything with the Christmas that I just experienced.  I'm quite loved if you believe gifts are evidence of love.  Not talking quantity necessarily, but quality.

In terms of running, my husband surprised me with some running crops and a pair of purple compression socks.  I can't wait to take them out for a spin!  I'm thinking tomorrow might be the day.  My son may be staying the night at a friend's house which gives me a child-free morning for running!  It has been nearly a week since my last run.  The holidays, a cold virus, and my husband's work schedule have conspired against me.

It is probably for the best since my marathon was three weeks ago.  It is probably wise that I haven't been running.  Must recover.  But I think it is time to get back out there.

I spent a lot of time online looking for ways to spend my Christmas money on running gear.  Oh my!  So much out there that I covet.

I didn't even know that these things existed, but I am pretty sure that I need them:  Knuckle Lights.

I also am looking into a new GPS watch.  Since I've been disappointed by Garmin, I'm looking at another possibility.  The Timex Ironman Run Trainer looks amazing for the price, but I am still tempted by the pricey Garmin 610 with its fancy touchscreen.  Both promise the 8 hour battery life.  I think I'll need to go the way of the Timex because of price considerations.

With no marathon for the spring (YAY!), I have the freedom and luxury of running smaller local run races here and there just because I can.  Right now I have a Resolution Run, a local 10K, a local 5K, and a mud run on my wish list to go along with my next half at the Oakland Running Festival in March.

Don't even get me started on these orange arm warmers with thumbholes that are seemingly out of stock everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment