02 December 2011

Pre Race Routine

In 2010, I ran my first race of bragworthy distance--a 21 miler.  Before I ran that race, Radiolab ran a segment that I just loved.  The story of Julie Moss fighting her way to the finish line of an Ironman with her inner voice telling her to "Get up!" gave me chills.  I've re-listened to it before every race since then.  I think I may have the entire thing memorized.

Another constant is Run, Fatboy, Run, a gem of little movie from 2007.  It has Simon Pegg and Hank Azaria.  Michael Ian Black was also somehow involved.  The movie is terribly unrealistic in its depiction of race culture, but I still love it.  I'm about ready to put the movie on the DVD player.

Finally, I also watch Running the Sahara.  I love this movie.  Every time I watch it I cry when they (spoiler alert) make it to the Red Sea.

I'm going to put on two movies and watch while I pack for CIM.

Think of me on Sunday.  I'm hoping to break five hours.  Hey!  It would be a big deal for me.  Don't you judge!  


No comments:

Post a Comment